Had a few hours free early this morning, so decided to begin my campaign to see if there were any bass to be caught in the Trinity River. Pulled into Trinity Park just off University dr. in Fort Worth at just before 7am, walked the banks for about two hours...no fish. Starting out I was throwing a top water, then switched over to the always trusty Granbury Special. I was a little surprised that I didn't at least catch something small, there is actually some nice cover along that stretch of the river... rocks, grass, a small island, some man made areas where the water flows over some rocks, and some deep bridge pilings, but no luck. I plan on trying three of four more areas before I write it off as no good. Hopefully I can find some fish, it's convenient, only a ten minute drive from my house.
Location: Trinity River near Downtown Fort Worth
Time: Mid March, Early Morning
Weather: Mid 60's, cloudy, windy.
Water: Stained
Catch: 0
No comments:
Post a Comment