Finally some nice bass! It had been since Lake Palo Pinto back in early March since I had reeled in a nice fish or two. While on a lay-over I had an afternoon to go check out a local lake about a 20 minute drive from the hotel. A couple of bucks gave me access to the State Park, where I found a cove with a boat ramp and a Marina with some large docks. The first fish came on a Granbury Special while working some shallow rocks and grass for about 20 minutes, a nice fish, about a pound and a half. Fish number two was hooked about an hour later while flipping and slow rolling the docks. This lake was full of bass ( I watched a bass tournament weigh-in at the Marina) and man I was wishing for anything that would float so I could get to some quieter water away from the boat ramp... but I was glad to have some luck regardless. It felt great to stretch some line!
 |
| The Weigh-In |
 |
Ramp / Dock
|
No comments:
Post a Comment