You have to make time to fish. As a kid and throughout college, the time seemed to always be there if I needed it... I would make it out to fish three of four times a month. After college that turned into three or four times a year. Sad. Two years ago, I decided to start fishing again, I asked for a new rod and reel for Christmas... the next Christmas came around and I had not even put string on it. Very sad. I now have made a deal with myself to fish more this season, literally force it into my schedule, I am thinking the blog will somehow help me stick to that. I love fishing because it forces me to slow down, nothing is gained by getting in a hurry on a body of water. Year after year it seems I have less free time, and somehow I feel that it is now even more necessary for me to set things aside and fish. Because, who knows? maybe next year I will have even less time for fishing.


So... It's Crunch Time.







Monday, January 16, 2012

South Florida Peacock Bass (posted by Peter)

                                           

I picked up these two nice Peacock's at my favorite "canal" spot near Davie, Florida.
It was the morning bite, 8:30 am, about 62', overcast skies with a front approaching from the west.  I got the first one on the first cast with a black and chrome Rapala stick bait. The second one came a few minutes later and I estimate it to be about 4 pounds. It is true what they say about the Peacock bass, very strong fighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment