You have to make time to fish. As a kid and throughout college, the time seemed to always be there if I needed it... I would make it out to fish three of four times a month. After college that turned into three or four times a year. Sad. Two years ago, I decided to start fishing again, I asked for a new rod and reel for Christmas... the next Christmas came around and I had not even put string on it. Very sad. I now have made a deal with myself to fish more this season, literally force it into my schedule, I am thinking the blog will somehow help me stick to that. I love fishing because it forces me to slow down, nothing is gained by getting in a hurry on a body of water. Year after year it seems I have less free time, and somehow I feel that it is now even more necessary for me to set things aside and fish. Because, who knows? maybe next year I will have even less time for fishing.


So... It's Crunch Time.







Monday, June 6, 2011

Lake Benbrook

 










Second morning on Lake Benbrook in the Kayak was a success, I caught my big bass of the season on a classic Texas rigged 6" plastic worm.  Again, I had a late night at work the night before, so was a little slow getting on the water, it was around 8:30 when I hit the lake.  This was a perfect morning for Kayak fishing because the wind was light which made it easy to stay in position and work the shore line.  The spot you can see in the picture is where I caught the nice one, about 4 pounds I estimated, also took a 2 pounder out of those same flooded tress.  Both fish were in about 5' of water and put up a really good fight on my medium action spinning rig.  This little area of the lake has produced fish now both times I have been out, so I am thinking I will make this my spot, and really put in some time there over the next few months I hope.  Looking forward to getting out a little earlier next time to get the top water bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment