You have to make time to fish. As a kid and throughout college, the time seemed to always be there if I needed it... I would make it out to fish three of four times a month. After college that turned into three or four times a year. Sad. Two years ago, I decided to start fishing again, I asked for a new rod and reel for Christmas... the next Christmas came around and I had not even put string on it. Very sad. I now have made a deal with myself to fish more this season, literally force it into my schedule, I am thinking the blog will somehow help me stick to that. I love fishing because it forces me to slow down, nothing is gained by getting in a hurry on a body of water. Year after year it seems I have less free time, and somehow I feel that it is now even more necessary for me to set things aside and fish. Because, who knows? maybe next year I will have even less time for fishing.


So... It's Crunch Time.







Monday, June 6, 2011

Lake Possum Kingdom

 










Had a trip out to Lake Possum Kingdom airport, we were scheduled to be on the ground for 3 or 4 hours, so I took the rod and reel.  This turned out to be a good call because I was able to find a nice area with some shore line and a large dock near a neighborhood called "The Ranch".  Honestly, I didn't expect to come up with much, this lake has been hit really hard with a Golden Algae bloom this year (the same thing that has hurt the fishing in Granbury). I read a report recently that it had killed thousands of fish, mostly bait fish, but bass have also been affected.  Plus it was the middle of the afternoon with not a cloud in the sky. But, I was pleasantly surprised when I found a school of small sand bass in about 25 ft of water off the end of the dock.  So for about an hour, I had some fun with my light action two piece spinning rig I take with me always on the road.  The lure was the trusty "Granbury Special" as I have always called it...( white plastic grub with a spinner).  Total catch... I think 9 or 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment