You have to make time to fish. As a kid and throughout college, the time seemed to always be there if I needed it... I would make it out to fish three of four times a month. After college that turned into three or four times a year. Sad. Two years ago, I decided to start fishing again, I asked for a new rod and reel for Christmas... the next Christmas came around and I had not even put string on it. Very sad. I now have made a deal with myself to fish more this season, literally force it into my schedule, I am thinking the blog will somehow help me stick to that. I love fishing because it forces me to slow down, nothing is gained by getting in a hurry on a body of water. Year after year it seems I have less free time, and somehow I feel that it is now even more necessary for me to set things aside and fish. Because, who knows? maybe next year I will have even less time for fishing.


So... It's Crunch Time.







Thursday, December 1, 2011

Private Lake, West Texas



This is a large private lake that I have been wanting to fish for a while now... two weeks back I finally got the chance.  Unfortunately, I was only able to walk the shore line for around 45 minutes, but was glad I made the time.  The day was overcast with light winds, high temp that day around 70, water lightly stained but mostly clear.  Calm winds made for a perfect opportunity to throw a bass assassin floating soft plastic, one of my favorite baits... I like it because it is basically a Texas rig worm without the weight, you work it right under the surface slowly and can normally watch the fish take it, it's awesome.  Because I only had an hour at most to fish, I considered tying something on that would cover a little more water, but just had a feeling that the soft plastic was the way to go considering the conditions.  About 15 minutes in I had the first bite, but missed the fish... I immediately threw back in the same spot and the fish took it, a nice 3 pounder.  Just before I had to call it a day, I took another nice one out of the same area.  Hoping to have a chance to spend more time on this lake, this place has to have some huge bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment